The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) was restored after the Second Vatican Council. This means that the normal procedure for preparing and welcoming adults into the Catholic Church is as follows:
- a period of evangelization and precatechumenate
- acceptance into the order of catechumens in a liturgical rite in which the candidates express a desire to respond to God’s call and the Church accepts their expression
- a period of the catechumenate
- a liturgical rite of election or enrollment of names, celebrated on the First Sunday of Lent
- a period of purification and enlightenment, during the Lenten season
- the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation during the Easter Vigil; and
- a period of postbaptismal catechesis, known as mystagogy.
- Meet with the Cathedral Rector
- Filled-out the "RCIA Form"
- Journey through the RCIA process
For more information call the parish office (250-564-5225) or email (email@example.com) with the subject line "RCIA"